Your skin is your body’s largest organ, and it is your body’s most outer defense against diseases, infections, and injuries. Just like a cardiologist specializes in the heart, your dermatologist is a specialist in your skin. When we talk with many of our new patients, they often report that they have never been to see a dermatologist. Houston patients should see their dermatologist on a regular basis to check for skin cancer, warts, acne, fungal infections, and many other issues that we’ll discuss further down.
If you’ve never been to see a dermatologist before or if you’re worried about your skin for any reason, call Dr. Perri today at (281) 943-2749. As a proud trained Texan, Dr. Perri understands the unique needs of Texas residents when it comes to the health of their skin. From warts and acne to rashes, and more, Dr. Perri is passionate about helping his patients in Houston take care of their skin.
When you call Dr. Perri, we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions and talk about your concerns. The next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Perri where he can talk with you and take a look at any of the issues you’re worried about. Like most medical concerns, waiting to have a doctor look at areas of your skin that worry you is usually not a good idea so make sure you give us a call today.
What is a Dermatologist?
Houston patients often ask us what exactly a dermatologist does. Dermatologists are trained to not only identify skin diseases and infections, but they can also perform certain types of surgeries and treatments for skin ailments.
Common Skin Diseases Treated by Dermatologists
There are a wide range of common skin diseases and ailments for which you should seek treatment from your dermatologist. Houston patients who have spent a lot of time in the sun or who have had bad sunburns in the past should definitely keep an eye out for any of the following problems.
- Acne – Did you know that acne is the most common skin affliction in the US? Acne can be caused by stress, genetics, hormones, and menstrual cycles. It affects the oil glands in the skin and causes red pimples and bumps on the skin. Young people are the most common patients with acne, and severe cases can cause scarring on the face. Call Dr. Perri if you’re suffering from any kind of acne to get fast and safe treatment.
- Skin Cancer – One of the most common types of cancer is skin cancer. But when detected early, skin cancer has a 98% 5-year survival rate. So make sure you call Dr. Perri today to schedule your regular skin cancer screenings.
- Eczema – A condition that involves itchy swelling of the skin, it can sometimes be treated at home. But for severe cases, call Dr. Perri to get treatment and relief.
Common Procedures and Treatments Performed by Your Dermatologist
Houston patients can come to Dr. Perri for a wide range of dermatological treatments.
- Biopsy – A biopsy is when Dr. Perri removes part of a suspicious growth to determine what sort of risk it poses. For skin cancers, a biopsy is used to determine if it is cancerous or not.
- Cryotherapy – For some non-cancerous skin issues, like warts, Dr. Perri will freeze the wart or lesion using liquid nitrogen. This type of non-invasive procedure can usually be performed right in the office.
Houston patients can call Dr. Perri at (281) 943-2749 if you need to get your annual skin inspection or if you’re suffering from acne, psoriasis, eczema, fungal infection, or any other type of skin condition. We would love to get you into our comfortable offices to meet with Dr. Perri.